Re: AX25/socket kernel PATCHes

From: Henk de Groot (henk.de.groot@hetnet.nl)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 17:32:40 EST

Hello Alexey,

At 23:13 30-12-01 +0100, Henk de Groot wrote:
>At 22:24 30-12-01 +0300, kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
>>+ if (len < dev->hard_header_len)
>>+ skb->nh.raw = skb->data;
>
>I'll try that. I'm currently rebuilding the kernel, APM is working lousy on my Compaq 12LX302 laptop so I'm recompiling without APIC to see if that makes a change. Anyway, that takes a while, I'll report back on this.

Okay, APM is still a big mess for this Laptop, but I had a chance to try out the above patch. As expected this at least prevents hitting the "protocol is buggy" message in dev.c. If other people want to try, the file af_packet.c located in net/packet (and not in net/core).

I intent to try to dump this depricated socket use in the application, needs some experimentation and testing. So far so good.

Kind regards,

Henk.