Undefined symbol in nfsd.o kernel 2.4.17

From: Jeremy Drake (jeremyd@apptechsys.com)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 22:49:55 EST

I am getting an undefined symbol in nfsd.o in kernel 2.4.17. The message
is "/lib/modules/2.4.17/kernel/fs/nfsd/nfsd.o: unresolved symbol
nfsd_linkage". Nfsd works fine when linked into the kernel.

Here's the NFS related section of my config:
CONFIG_NFS_FS=m
CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
# CONFIG_ROOT_NFS is not set
CONFIG_NFSD=m
CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
CONFIG_SUNRPC=m
CONFIG_LOCKD=m
CONFIG_LOCKD_V4=y

I was able to make it work by changing "EXPORT_SYMBOL(nfsd_linkage);" in
fs/filesystems.c to "EXPORT_SYMBOL_NOVERS(nfsd_linkage);". Not sure if
that's the proper way to go about it, but it works :)

Please cc me on replies to this, because I haven't subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
Jeremy Drake

--
There are only two things in this world that I am sure of, death and
taxes, and we just might do something about death one of these days.