Re: Changing KB, MB, and GB to KiB, MiB, and GiB in?Configure.help.

From: Pekka Pietikäinen (pp@netppl.fi)
Date: Sat Dec 22 2001 - 05:53:00 EST

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 08:11:11PM -0600, Timothy Covell wrote:

> Finally, Farhenheit units are smaller so that they make more convenient
> divisions: Eg.
>
> 10-20 is downright frigid
> 20-30 degrees is Freezing!
> 30-40 is very cold
> 40-50 is cold
> 50-60 is blustery
> 60-70 is brisk
> 70-80 is confortable
> 80-90 is warm
> 90-100 is very hot
> 100+ is Texas in summertime, WAY too hot !!! ;-)

Blah, Celsius is obviously more natural:

-50 Ok, this is what I'd call _REALLY_ cold
-40 With proper gear it's survivable but not much fun
-30 Time to put on a fur hat
-20 Long underwear is a good idea
-15 Nice winter day
-10 Slightly warm winter day
-5 Nice warm winter day
0 Slippery as hell outside, beware!
5 Cool summer day
10 Slightly cool summer day
15 Nice summer day
20 Very nice summer day
30 Better apply some sunscreen/take some water with you when going outside
40 With sunblock & lots of water it's survivable but not much fun
50 WAY too hot!!!

--
Pekka Pietikainen