Re: Linux 2.4.17

From: Dan Kegel (dkegel@ixiacom.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 16:59:11 EST

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

Marcelo wrote:
> > Um, what happened to the idea of 'no changes between the last
> > release candidate and final'?
>
> I haven't said that, did I?
>
> I said I would make -rc kernels which would not add any new _feature_.

Sorry; I must have misunderstood. But I think lwn.net
misunderstood, too; http://lwn.net/2001/1213/kernel.php3
says "Marcelo's stated plan is to have the final release be the same
as the last release candidate; the hope is to be done with surprises
caused by last-minute patches."

I guess I and lwn.net were projecting our desires onto Marcello's statements?

- Dan