Re: sr: unaligned transfer

From: Svein Ove Aas (svein@crfh.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 16:14:46 EST

On Friday 21. December 2001 21:06, Bob_Tracy wrote:
> Jens Axboe wrote:
> > Please try and mount with -o loop instead.
>
> ??? Sorry if I'm being dense, but the file system is on a physical
> CD: it isn't an image file. The mount command that has worked for me
> in the past is
>
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr1 /mnt -r
>
> The sr1 device isn't a typo: it's my cd writer.

I wouldn't presume to think I know the details here, but as far as I can tell
the plain mount command treats it like a device, while using the loop device
treats it like a file.

It should still be possible to read from the CD like normal, but any
CD-specific fucntions will likely be disabled, although those are probably
implemented as ioctls anyway.

So.. try it, and see what you get.