Re: raw devices

From: simon@baydel.com
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 02:26:42 EST

Andrea,

This clears this up, thanks very much. I have tried using the
O_DIRECT and it is almost as fast as the mounted raw devices.
It sounds like 2.5 is set to improve on this. Do you know if there
have been any suggestions regarding using mounting options on a
filesystem so that none of the files on that filesystem are cached ?

Thanks again

Simon.