Possible O_DIRECT problems ?

From: Dave Jones (davej@suse.de)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 19:08:06 EST

Andrea, lk,
 I just experimented with O_DIRECT in conjunction with fsx,
and the results aren't pretty.

Over NFS it survives around 921 operations, all local filesystems
(ext2,ext3,reiser tested) just 6 operations.
I've put the source to a modified fsx at
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/cruft/fsx-odirect.c

It's possible I've done something wrong here, so look it over.
Just adding O_DIRECT flag to open() should be all thats necessary
correct ?

Also note, that by changing the flags on line 988 to have O_DIRECT
also, we get different failure type.

So, did I get the usage of O_DIRECT correct and find some bugs,
or have I had a little too much xmas spirits already ? 8-)

Dave.