Re: IRQ Routing Problem on ALi Chipset Laptop (HP Pavilion N5425)

From: Kai Germaschewski (kai@tp1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 16:48:46 EST

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Pavel Machek wrote:

> dump_pirq is:
>
> Interrupt routing table found at address 0xfdf40:
> Version 1.0, size 0x00a0
> Interrupt router is device 00:07.0
> PCI exclusive interrupt mask: 0x0000
> Compatible router: vendor 0x10b9 device 0x1533
>
> Device 00:0f.0 (slot 0):
>
> Device 00:02.0 (slot 0):
> INTA: link 0x59, irq mask 0x0800

Hmmh, this doesn't fit the in-kernel ali IRQ routing code at all. Can you
mail me your ACPI DSDT, this may help to figure out how the IRQ routing
really works.

> Interrupt router at 00:07.0: AcerLabs Aladdin M1533 PCI-to-ISA bridge
> INT1 (link 1): irq 11
> INT2 (link 2): irq 11
> INT3 (link 3): unrouted
> INT4 (link 4): unrouted
> INT5 (link 5): unrouted
> INT6 (link 6): unrouted
> INT7 (link 7): unrouted
> INT8 (link 8): unrouted
> Serial IRQ: [enabled] [continuous] [frame=21] [pulse=12]

Cruel hack to route every link to irq 11 (may of course lock up your box)

setpci -s 7.0 49.b=99
setpci -s 7.0 4a.b=99
setpci -s 7.0 4b.b=99

(assumes you still hardwire the IRQ for the maestro to 11)

Does this help - do you actually get sound interrupts then? If so, you
could try to figure out which exact link it is connected to by just having
one of the above nibbles set to 9, leave the others at 0.

The Ali IRQ routing code definitely needs fixing, it'll write totally
wrong config space addresses with your $PIRQ table, it's just not clear
(to me) how to fix it correctly. The DSDT may help, documentation on the
chipset too, of course.

--Kai