Re: aio

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 13:20:55 EST

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 05:18, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> there are two possibilities i can think of:
>
> 1) lets get Ben's patch in but do *not* export the syscalls, yet.

This is an excellent way to give aio the testing and exposure Linus
wants without getting into the commitment / syscall mess.

Stick aio in the kernel, play with it via Tux, etc. The really
interested can add temporary syscalls. aio (which I like, btw) will get
testing and in time, once proven, we can add the syscalls.

Comments?

        Robert Love