Re: SiS 630 - framebuffer fixed

From: Thomas Winischhofer (tw@webit.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 04:24:35 EST

Hi again.

After a few feedbacks on the framebuffer driver, I will do the
following:

1) For testing reasons, I will include my BIOS in the driver code.

The reason for this is that I saw that the machines in question partly
have old video BIOSes (mine has a 2.xx.x while I saw one guy with
1.06.x; that old BIOS isn't even detected as a VESA BIOS).

By this measure, I will be able to estimate whether or not the whole
matter is actually BIOS related or not. If it is, you all may get
lucky...!

I am aware that this is no permanent solution for copyright reasons, but
for testing it will do.

2) Further, I will include code to write the video BIOS of a machine to
disk. All people testing this are being asked to send that file to me
then.

Unfortunately, I have to work today, so don't count on a new version
today.

Thomas

PS: To all people testing the driver (or the X driver): Please send me
the logs! Some of you actually forgot to do that....

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria                  Check it out: