Re: aio

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 00:29:17 EST

   From: John Heil <kerndev@sc-software.com>
   Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:30:13 +0000 ( )

   Agree. However, put your business hat for a minute. We want increased
   market share for linux and a lot of us, you included, live by it.

Oh my buisness hat is certainly on, which is why I keep talking about
the people who need this "paying for implementation and support of AIO
for Linux". :-)

Make no mistake, I do agree with your points though in general.

But those things are not dependent upon "standard Linus Linux" having
AIO first, this is what vendors do for differentiation by shipping
feature X in their kernel before others.