Re: UDMA problem with Maxtor 7200rpm disk

From: Jean-Francois Levesque (jfl@jfworld.net)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 20:38:04 EST

My disk is supposed to support ATA66 and ATA100...

I tried User Defined HD in the BIOS. Changed PIO from 4 to 1... and I also tried DMA 5,4,2,disabled... (And I tried 'auto' disk detection)

Always same error...

I also got problems while trying to install RH 7.2... Unabled to finish installation because it gave me I/O error while formatting /boot partition.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Jean-François