Re: 2.4.17-rc2 BUG at slab.c:1110

From: Andrew Morton (akpm@zip.com.au)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 19:50:27 EST

Paul Mackerras wrote:

> So, is this devfs's fault for not allowing devfs_unregister to be
> called from interrupt context, or is it ide-cs's fault for calling
> ide_unregister from interrupt context?

ide-cs, I'd say.

The way hotplug generally avoids this problem is via schedule_task() - that
was why it was written in the first place, I think.

And given that we need to bump the event up to process context, we may
as well do it at the earliest stage. Looks like the fix it to kill
off the timer altogether, replace it with a tqueue and ask keventd
to run ide_release.