Re: Scheduler ( was: Just a second ) ...

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 16:02:28 EST

Maybe I'm an old stick in the mud, but IRC seems like a big waste of
time to me. It's perfect for off the cuff answers and fairly useless
for thoughtful answers. We used to write well thought out papers and
specifications for OS work. These days if you can't do it in a paragraph
on IRC it must not be worth doing, eh?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 07:04:59PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I'm not subscribed to any, thank you very much. I read them through a news
> > gateway, which gives me access to the common ones.
> >
> > And if the discussion wasn't on the common ones, then it wasn't an open
> > discussion.
>
> If the discussion was on the l/k list then most kernel developers arent
> going to read it because tey dont have time to wade through all the crap
> that doesnt matter to them.
>
> > And no, I don't think IRC counts either, sorry.
>
> IRC is where most stuff, especially cross vendor stuff is initially
> discussed nowdays, along with kernelnewbies where most of the intro
> stuff is - but thats disussed rather than formally proposed and studied
> -

---