RE: 2.4.17-rc1 wont do nfs root on Javastation

From: Ian Chilton (ian@ichilton.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 14:50:34 EST

Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

> IP Autoconfig won't be enabled unless you pass ip=auto in the
commandline,
> or twiddle with the source to make it default to on.

Ah, of course.

I did try this already, but it was before I realised that PROLL was
eating anything I passed to the kernel.

I just modified my little hack to make it hard code: nfs=root ip=auto
and now the IP-Config stuff is happening and it's showing the
bootserver/rootserver right but for some strange reason it's getting the
IP as 67.0.0.0.

It should be 192.168.0.21 and the server config should be right as I can
still boot 2.4.1 fine...

I'll have a check around later, but if there is a reason for this
happening, maybe you could let me know...

Is 67.0.0.0 some sort of default?

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                                  \|||/
                                  (o o)
 | Ian Chilton E-Mail: ian@ichilton.co.uk |
 | IRC Nick: GadgetMan Backup: ian@linuxfromscratch.org |
 | ICQ: 16007717 & 106532995 Web : http://www.ichilton.co.uk |
 | Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted |
 | for the change to take effect. Reboot now? [ OK ] |