Re: dscc4 and new Generic HDLC Layer

From: Daniela Squassoni (daniela@cyclades.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 10:43:31 EST

Krzysztof Halasa wrote:

> Anyway, incremental patch is better, I'm going to submit my paches
> to 2.5 after some features (FR InARP, DCD handling, probably FR bridging)
> are added and tested.
>
> Seems it's better to include that things in 2.4 when it works fine.
> Especially if all drivers are updated.
> 2.5 first - of course.

How long do you think it will take to include the last changes in 2.4?
Isn't it possible to submit a patch without these new features, just to
speed up this process? Is there anything else that still need to be done
before you submit it?

It seems that there is a consensus that maintaining this out of the
kernel is causing some overhead to the drivers maintainers...

Best regards,

Daniela