Re: Booting a modular kernel through a multiple streams file

From: antirez (antirez@invece.org)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 17:02:06 EST

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 01:06:15PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Followup to: <3C1D060B.9475C9F8@bluewin.ch>
> By author: Otto Wyss <otto.wyss@bluewin.ch>
> In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel
> >
> > Disadvantages:
> > - Someone else has to do it, I'm not a kernel/driver developer
> >

> By this you have pretty much shown yourself utterly unqualified to be
> a kernel *designer*. I won't even go into the various bogus

Agreed, but it should be also noted that to be able to do
kernel coding is insufficient to do kernel design.
The same for user space, to be able to write correct C (or .*)
will not stop people to write code with unsane design, organization
and data structures.

You can see it on freshmeat and in many popular kernels every day.
I see it with my code every time I read my last-month source code.

--
Salvatore Sanfilippo <antirez@invece.org>
http://www.kyuzz.org/antirez