Re: Copying to loop device hangs up everything

From: David Gomez (davidge@jazzfree.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 14:42:15 EST

On 16 Dec 2001, Momchil Velikov wrote:

> [...]
>
> David> Thanks ;), this patch solves the problem and copying a lot of data to the
> David> loop device now doesn't hang the computer.
>
> David> Is this patch going to be applied to the stable kernel ? Marcelo ?
>
> I've had exactly the same hangups with or without the patch.

I've tested several times after applying the loop-deadlock patch and the
bug seems to be fixed. No more hangups while copying a lot of data to
loopback devices. Post more info about your hangups, maybe is another
different loop device deadlock.

David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra