2.4.16 & OOM killer screw up

From: Abraham vd Merwe (abraham@2d3d.co.za)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 03:14:52 EST

Hi!

If I leave my machine on for a day or two without doing anything on it (e.g.
my machine at work over a weekend) and I come back then 1) all my memory is
used for buffers/caches and when I try running application, the OOM killer
kicks in, tries to allocate swap space (which I don't have) and kills
whatever I try start (that's with 300M+ memory in buffers/caches).

--

Regards Abraham

Man must shape his tools lest they shape him. -- Arthur R. Miller

Device Driver Development, Outsourcing, Embedded Systems

Cell: +27 82 565 4451 Snailmail: Tel: +27 21 761 7549 Block C, Antree Park Fax: +27 21 761 7648 Doncaster Road Email: abraham@2d3d.co.za Kenilworth, 7700 Http: http://www.2d3d.com South Africa