PATCH: 2 small patches against 2.4.15-pre6 (sym2 + email change) (fwd)

From: Gérard Roudier (groudier@free.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 13:46:13 EST

Hi Marcelo,

I didn't see these patches applied by previous kernel maintainer, neither
received any ack nor nack about from. You may let me know if something
gets wrong with them. Btw, I have another one after those ones.

Note that I am used of the "no news means bad news" when patches for linux
development are in concern, but I guess that I am not the only guy who
will be glad if usual good practice of "no news means good news" would
also apply there. Let me hope that this will be changed as it has been
with 2.0 and 2.2 kernel maintainance. :)

By the way, I missed the postings that made you the maintainer of 2.4
kernel neither saw any comments from Alan about. I am sure that you will
do the best you can and will do a very good work, but I feel a bit
frustrated not to know the reasons of this decision. If you can point me
to the corresponding articles, I will be very interested in.

Thanks to people who tried, did or are doing Linux kernel maintainance as
I think that maintainance is a very important process at least as
important as development (I want to write a lot more, in fact...).

Good luck and TIA.
  Gérard.