Multicast Broadcast

From: berthiaume_wayne@emc.com
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 15:53:48 EST

        Hello group....

        I have a cluster that I wish to be able to perform a multicast
broadcast over two backbones, primary and secondary, simultaneously. The two
eth's are bound to the same VIP. When I perform the broadcast, it only goes
out on eth0.
        Is there a way to do this without writing an application to do it?
I've been looking at igmp.c:ip_mc_join_group to do a possible change like:

#ifdef DUAL_MCAST_BIND
   if(!imr->imr_ifindex) {
      imr->ifindex=2; /* eth0 */
      err=ip_mc_join_group(sk, imr);
      if (!err) {
        imr->ifindex=3; /* eth1 */
        err=ip_mc_join_group(sk, imr);
      }
      return err;
   }
#else
   if(!imr->imr_ifindex)
     in_dev = ip_mc_find_dev(imr);
#endif

        Will this be necessary??? Could there be something in the kerenl to
configure?

PS: Please cc me any response as I'm not yet monitoring this group.

Thanks,
Wayne
EMC Corp
ObjectStorEngineering
4400 Computer Drive
M/S F213
Westboro, MA 01580

email: Berthiaume_Wayne@emc.com
                 WBerthiaume@clariion.com

"One man can make a difference, and every man should try." - JFK