Question: Adaptec AIC7xxx support

From: John Gluck (jgluckca@home.com)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 12:52:57 EST

Hi

I configuring the kernel, there is a option "Build adapter firmware with
Kernel build". There is no help for this. It's obvious that it build
firmware but is it installed in the adapter automagically ???

I also wonder why the reset delay is 15000 Msec. It used to be 5000
Msec. I've usually set it to that without nasty results. I just wonder
what the reasoning is behind such a long delay.

TIA

John