Re: iptables and tcpdump

From: Rolf Fokkens (fokkensr@linux06.vertis.nl)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 00:45:24 EST

Hi!

I may have missed something, but I'm not on the maillists which would explain
why. And the archives dont contain the email messages (yet) between my
initial question and this part of the discussion.

Apparently my question triggered a discussion about some deep NAT details at
the skb level. As much as I understand it, something goes wrong with the skb
cloning in the NAT layer, NAT changes read-only copies.

Is this the cause of the weird data that shows up with tcpdump?

Or in other words: does tcpdump show something buggy?

Rolf