Re: xmm2 - monitor Linux MM active/inactive lists graphically

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 11:57:02 EST

On 26 Oct 2001, Zlatko Calusic wrote:

> When I find some time, I'll dig around that code. It is very
> interesting part of the kernel, I'm sure, I just didn't have enough
> time so far, to spend hacking on that part.

Attached is a very untested patch (but hey, it compiles, so it must work,
right?) against 2.4.14-pre2, that makes the batching be a high/low
watermark thing instead. It actually simplified the code, but that is, of
course, assuming that it works at all ;)

(If I got the comparisons wrong, of if I update the counts wrong, your IO
queue will probably stop cold. So be careful. The code is obvious
enough, but typos and thinkos happen).

                Linus