Re: PDC20265

From: Tres Guinn (tresguinn@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 09:51:50 EST

I don't have the exact message syntax, but I can tell
you what I was doing, and what happened.

I boot off my eide drive ( not off promise
controller),
load the modules ( insmod scsi_mod.o, and ft.o ( from
promise).

I get a message back from the insmod ft.o command
saying that it loaded the fasttrak software,
interesting enough is states IRQ7 ? Weird cause the
CMOS boot messages state that the promise controller
is on IRQ10.

Anyway I do a fdisk /dev/sda and setup my partitions.

Then I issue a mkfs /dev/sda1 ( which defaults to ext2
). It chunks along to around 140/537 and I receive a
TIMEOUT message from fasttrak, then there is a pause,
and then a Software Reset message. A screen full on
I/O errors ( very quick output, can't get full text ).
and then the machine boots.

I don't know what is going on. RH sees the drives
without the driver (ft.o) as ideE and ideG. From what
I understand, after loading the ft.o module I am
supposed to access the Array as /dev/sda.

Thank you for your help,
Tres