Re: [RFC] New Driver Model for 2.5

From: Helge Hafting (helgehaf@idb.hist.no)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 06:35:02 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> > But if I say "suspend", and the kernel refuses, I will kill the offending
> > piece of crap from sg.c before you can blink an eye.
>
> Thats fine by me. Anyone wanting to be able to burn cds safely can run a
> -ac kernel tree

Telling the kernel to suspend while burning a CD is
on the same level as ejecting the CD while burning.
It has to go wrong. Someone explicitly asking for
trouble might as well get it.

The really dumb users is probably using a GUI tool
for either activity, that one may of course refuse
to ruin the burn.

Helge Hafting