RE: Issue wit ACPI and Promise?

From: Grover, Andrew (andrew.grover@intel.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 18:06:14 EST

> From: Xavier Bestel [mailto:xavier.bestel@free.fr]
> > Either the ACPI interrupt handler is not sharing properly
> or the promise
> > interrupt handler isn't. Given that I can't duplicate it,
> I'm reduced to
> > waiting for some kind soul to send a patch.. :-(
>
> I've seen exactely this problem (reproducable, and I'm not alone),
> without Promise. It seems it's ACPI.

Great. Since I don't have the HW I need your help.

Please stick printk()s in drivers/acpi/events/evsci.c acpi_ev_sci_handler().

I'd like to know where in there it is hanging, and if it is ever returning.
I don't know your level of comfortability in all this so please email me if
you need more explicit instructions on what I'm asking for.

Thanks in advance! ;-)

Regards -- Andy