Re: 2.4.12 cannot find root device on raid

From: bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 13:02:53 EST

In article <15319.38517.663820.504760@notabene.cse.unsw.edu.au>,
Neil Brown <neilb@cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
| On Tuesday October 23, davidsen@prodigy.com wrote:
| >
| > The line you provide doesn't look anything like the two forms in the
| > md.txt you mention. Or rather it looks like a blending, but neither of
| > them is md0= in form. I have to look at the code to see which is
| > correct, possibly yours, since the
| > append = "md=0,/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1"
| > line doesn't seem to work :-(
|
| Odd ... I use lines just like that. e.g.:
| append="md=0,/dev/hda1,/dev/hde1,/dev/hdg1"
|
| and it works just fine. What do you get in the way of error messages?

None - the system simply exits the BIOS, reads the first drive once and
cold boots. The drive is okay, I can read both copies of the mirror end
to end without error after booting from floppy. Lilo claims it writes to
the md0 device, but boot fails.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  His first management concern is not solving the problem, but covering