Re: BUG() in asm/pci.h:142 with 2.4.13

From: Christian Hammers (ch@westend.com)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 12:23:51 EST

Hello

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 01:11:07PM +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > 2.4.13 was the easiest one to reproduce: when starting the tape backup
> > to a HP DDS3/DAT Streamer (C1537A) via a Adaptec SCSI Controller
> > (Adaptec 7892A in /proc/pci) on a Gigabyte GA-6VTXD Dual Motherboard with
> > two PIII and 2GB of RAM it crashed immediately with the error attached
> > below. The machine was under "stresstest-simulation" load at this time.

> Could you try this patch and see if it fixes the pci.h BUG at least?
This patch did not prevent the crash. Again immediately after rewinding the
tape when it began to write. I'll try now the 2.4.12-ac6... and it works.

> Jens Axboe
bye,

 -christian- (happy about Alan having forked the kernel tree once ago..)

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879