Re: 2.4.12-ac, lm-sensors broken ??

From: f5ibh (f5ibh@db0bm.ampr.org)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 14:47:59 EST

Hi,

>> So I've done : get rid of the external i2c package, compiled the built-in
>> i2c stack. make and make install for the lm_sensors (2.6.1)...
>> ... It does not work

>Nobody is having this problem but you. have you tried insmoding the
>w83781d-isa-0290's module manually if it's not loaded? what version of
>lm-sensors are you using?

As I wrote, version is 2.6.1
w83781d-isa-0290, there is _no_ modules with this name !
The needed modules are i2c-core, i2c-isa, i2c-proc, w83781d. They are loaded.

>Try turning off PnPBIOS support, which is new in -ac. That did it for
> me.

This is the clue. Without PnPBIOS enabled, the sensors work again. Thanks.

Alan, is there any known incompatiblity between PnPBIOS and the lm-sensors ?