Re: 2.4.13-pre6 breaks Nvidia's kernel module

From: Matt D. Robinson (yakker@alacritech.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 00:35:44 EST

Sounds like Linux is slowly crawling towards the WHQL perspective on
drivers from Microsoft. If they aren't qualified:

        Microsoft == WHQL
        Linux == ((!tainted) + EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() + ...)

... then they aren't supportable or acceptable for distribution by
anyone other than the creators.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone creates a LHQL process or
business to qualify binary drivers on supportable kernels from
distributions. I'd give it about a year.

--Matt