rtl8139 drivers

From: Greg Swallow (gswallow@www.IN.gov)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 16:12:13 EST

Hello,

I just installed linux on a box with a builtin Realtek 8139 chipset.
Using the 8139too.o module caused all kinds of performance problems, and
there are suspicious statements in the 8139too.txt file:

THIS DRIVER IS A DEVELOPMENT RELEASE FOR A DEVELOPMENT KERNEL. DO NOT
USE IN A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT.

However, I've used Donald Becker's rtl8139 driver in the past without
issues, and I'm using them now with v2.4.10. I would like to request
that the stable code go back in place, please -- perhaps users can
choose between rtl8139 and 8139too?

Thanks!

-- "There's nothing that the proper funk cannot render funkable" -