Re: 2.4.13-pre6 breaks Nvidia's kernel module

From: Christopher Friesen (cfriesen@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 14:46:24 EST

Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 jarausch@belgacom.net wrote:
>
> > yes I know, you don't like modules without full sources available.
> > But Nvidia is the leading vendor of video cards and all 2.4.x
> > kernels up to 2.4.13-pre5 work nice with this module.
>
> So get NVIDIA to release the source code for their driver,
> this would allow you to recompile the driver and make it
> work again.
>
> Note that once NVIDIA stops selling this model video card
> you're stuck with the last supported version of Linux anyway
> and won't be able to upgrade.

Actually, NVIDIA has a HAL-type thing going on and their drivers will support all of their cards from the TNT on up to
the GeForce 3. The only unsupported models are the Riva128 and Riva128ZX.

--
Chris Friesen                    | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks                  | work: (613) 765-0557