Re: Linux 2.2.20pre10

From: Per Jessen (per@computer.org)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 13:13:42 EST

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:51:53 -0500, Wayne.Brown@altec.com wrote:
>I never said that Alan, or any particular individual, should risk a lawsuit or
>jail. I simply said that I hoped *someone outside the US* (that is, someone not
>subject to US laws) would make the information available. Surely there are
>places in the world that are beyond the reach of the DMCA. How about those

Alan Cox, living in the UK, may be *somewhat* subject to US legislation.
Ties between the US and the UK are strong, and it is understandable if a UK-
resident person does not feel entirely out of reach of US law enforcement.

IMHO.

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Windows 2001: "I'm sorry Dave ... I'm afraid I can't do that."