Re: Linux 2.2.20pre10

From: Rob Turk (r.turk@chello.nl)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 12:57:36 EST

"Nick LeRoy" <nleroy@cs.wisc.edu> wrote in message
news:cistron.200110221745.f9MHjvF04940@schroeder.cs.wisc.edu...
> Wayne, everybody..
>
> I hate to belabor this point, but I'm in full agreement. If I really
> believed that Alan's boycott would have *any* positive affect, I'd fully
> support it, but the reality of the situation is that Wayne is right -- nobody
> with any real power will ever know or be able to a difference. I think that
> civil disobiediance is the only sensible action.
>
> -Nick

Alan might have to travel to the US somewhere in the near future. Do you think
he wants to risk being arrested? Making a point is one thing, serving time is
another. If Alan would disclose the details now, he would knowingly be
disobediant. Dimitry Sklyarov was ' unknowingly disobediant', and look what that
got him...

Rob