Re: VM

From: Michael T. Babcock (mbabcock@fibrespeed.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 08:36:45 EST

> I've not reached any final conclusions on the VM - there are things that
> Rik's VM shows up that look like the VM algorithm is right but it
> triggers other stuff, and there are a couple of hackish bits left in
still.

I have never done this comparison myself, but I was wondering how ugly
it would be if stable versions of Andrea's and Rik's VMs were both
available in your/Linus' kernel as compile-time options. Assuming that
each provides better performance under certain conditions, wouldn't
being able to choose a VM make sense, if they don't step on the rest of
the kernel too much ...

--
Michael T. Babcock
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock