Re: ISDN cards and SMP

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 06:48:04 EST

wookie@wookie.demon.co.uk said:
> This is hisax. What version are you using ? Maybe it's been sorted
> in the last year or so ?

I've used the 2.2 kernels shipped with Red Hat 7.0 and 7.1, briefly. This
box has been running various 2.4 kernels since 2.4.0-test10, and is now
running the Red Hat 7.2 release kernel. None of them have had any ISDN
problems.

> I've built it from the sources that shipped with RH 6.2 using the GUI
> tool to specify SMP support. I think it's installed properly in as
> far as all three CPUs get used once its installed. Very cute ! Roll
> over NT etc !

Why rebuild? An SMP kernel is shipped, with matching modules etc.

> > If you're building your own, rebuild it and the modules.
> I can do, but I'd like to know what to do differently first.

Difficult to say, without actually having seen the error you're getting.
Try turning CONFIG_MODVERSIONS off and rebuilding both kernel and modules,
for a start.

--
dwmw2