Re: INIT_MMAP on sparc64

From: Sten (sten@blinkenlights.nl)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 10:52:34 EST

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, David S. Miller wrote:

> Don't use AC kernels, I do not keep track of them and therefore
> Sparc64 builds are likely to not work.
>
> Use Linus's kernels, I keep him uptodate with all the latest
> changes and I make sure his releases compile on sparc64.

ahah, I had quite a few problems getting framebuffer, dri
and all to work on each kernel that I overlooked that.

With the linux 2.4.12 I cant seem to get dri to compile
for instance.

drivers/char/drm/drm.o: In function `ffb_vm_shm_nopage':
drivers/char/drm/drm.o(.text+0x4ba8): undefined reference to
`virt_to_bus_not_defined_use_pci_map'
drivers/char/drm/drm.o: In function `ffb_vm_dma_nopage':
drivers/char/drm/drm.o(.text+0x4e4c): undefined reference to
`virt_to_bus_not_defined_use_pci_map'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

The main annoiance is the 3.5mb size limitation
which one reaches quite quickly.

ow well, I am gonna trow a some time at the 3ware driver
to see how long it'll take before I give up trying to get
it to work on sparc64 ;).

So long and give the penguin some fish.

--
Sten Spans