Re: kapm-idled Funny in 2.4.10-ac12?

From: Kent Borg (kentborg@borg.org)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 09:35:22 EST

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 03:21:57PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Is your laptop logging messages in the process ? (dmesg)

No. I don't see any ongoing logging from apm. Looking at dmesg I see
boot stuff about battery minutes having swapped bytes, some version
and flag printk's, but no current logging.

In /var/spool/messages I also see mention of the times I have
suspended and awakened my laptop, but no other ongoing loggin there
either.

> One thing I changed in -ac was to do sane things when the apm idle request
> comes back with "no" from the BIOS

I had noticed that comment, which made me think it might be of
specific interest.

Thanks,

-kb