Re: [POT] Which journalised filesystem uses Linus Torvalds ?

From: Sean Hunter (sean@dev.sportingbet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 09:48:40 EST

I use ext3 on a couple of servers and a couple of laptops. I think which fs is
best for you will depend enormously on the intended use of the machines and
your own expectations. A mail and dns server that I operate running ext3 has
been very happy since conversion, and has definitely benefitted.

I feel I get the benefit of no more fscks and fast operations on "-o
sync"-mounted filesystems without (IMO) exposing the box to immature code that
you might see in less conservative "experimental" filesystem options.

I personally feel more comfortable with the stability and robustness criteria
of the ext3 developers than some others. If you want a very fast filesystem or
one that handles very large numbers of files very well, your choice may well be
different from mine.

I quite like my filesystems to be boring. :)

Sean