Re: [OT] New Anti-Terrorism Law makes "hacking" punishable by life in prison

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 20:29:39 EST

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:37:11PM -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:

When people are crashing planes into buildings and killing people
by the thousands, hacking laws should be tough. The US has shut off
internet access from Cyprus and several other places, and I've
noticed a fall-off of hacking on my servers -- GOOD!.

Maureen O'Gara at Client Server News is based in NY, and from what she
describes, the entire city is in a terrible state. Let anyone in New
York know who is our friend on this list that the Utah Native American
Church has sent James Mooney to New York City to conduct ceremonies for
the victims and their families. The mayor's office has given us
permission to conduct our ceremonies there for these people without
fear of police harassment.

I am sending him enough peyote to trip out half the city. Anyone in NY
who needs to find healing who is a member of our linux "Family" is
welcome at these ceremonies. These people involved in this terrifying
ordeal need to sit in a tepee and go somewhere else for a couple of days
with the sacred medicine.

New York folks who wish to be involved in these ceremonies can call
212-755-0968 or 212-929-9396 to find out where and when. We have so far
hosted thousands of the victims in these ceremonies. All are welcome and
their families. The laws in New York allow non-Indians to use peyote
for religious purposes of any race, unlike Utah. Tell our brothers we
open our doors to those in need of spiritual and emotional healing for
the people of New York.

These ceremonies are **FREE**. The Utah NAC is picking up the tab.

Do-na-da Go-hv-e

Wa-do

Jeff