Re: ioctl SIOCGIFNETMASK: ip alias bug 2.4.9 and 2.2.19

From: Wietse Venema (wietse@porcupine.org)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 16:23:26 EST

On a more serious note, what portable primitives does Linux offer
to look up all interface IP addresses and their corresponding
netmasks?

The primitives used in Postfix work on all supported systems, except
for Linux where they work partially.

Portability is a relative thing - it would be wonderful already if
your primitive supports the past three years of kernel releases.

        Wietse

Alan Cox: