Re: IDE Problems on SIS 735?

From: Adrian Burgess (kernel@corrosive.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 12:59:46 EST

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 01:01:30PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> The driver tried to do a UDMA transfer, and waited and waited, and gave up
> on it. With cable errors I'd expect to see a badCRC message or two.
>
> Does it behave better with an older kernel (say 2.4.7 or so) ?

Alan,
Nope. Been having this problem since I installed the motherboard. I'll
have to see about getting another cable, I think - I've used the one that
came with the motherboard, and another that came with my Maxtor HD.
Cheers,
Adrian.

--
PGP Public Key at http://www.corrosive.freeserve.co.uk/text/pubkey.asc