RE: Athlon doesn't like Athlon optimisation?

From: Simen Thoresen (simen-tt@online.no)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 12:37:15 EST

Jamal Conway wrote
>I think the burnK7 program does not test enough K7 specific instruction sets to find the problem.

I tend to agree; 30+ minutes on a Epox 8KTA3 motherboard with a processor that fails when running with Athlon-optimized fast_copy_page (now running without that), without a hitch.

-S

--
Simen Thoresen, Beowulf-cleaner and random artist - close and personal.

Er det ikke rart? The gnu RART-project on http://valinor.dolphinics.no:1080/~simentt/rart