Re: Athlon doesn't like Athlon optimisation?

From: Eric Olson (ejolson@unr.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 00:21:58 EST

Robert Redelmeier told me he has written a version of his burnMMX which
uses K7 MMX 3DNow streaming cache bypass load/store instruction sequences
similar to what is used in linux/arch/i386/lib/mmx.c

He asked me to publicise that anyone who wanted to test it could contact
him though email. His email address is available from the burnCPU website
        http://users.ev1.net/~redelm/
The program is 168 lines of assembler and compiles for Windows or Linux.
It runs until it detects an error.

It would be particularly interesting if someone with a problematic KT133A
based motherboard would test it and report back.

All the best, -Eric