Re: lpr to HP laserjet stalls

From: Patrick Dreker (patrick@dreker.de)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 07:07:07 EST

Am Dienstag 04 September 2001 10:50 schrieb Tim Waugh:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 02:56:56AM +0200, Patrick Dreker wrote:
> > All of this vanished, when I replaced all occurrences of /dev/lp0 in my
> > printer configuration by /dev/par0. I has been working flawlessly since
> > then.
>
> crw-rw---- 1 root lp 6, 0 Aug 30 21:30 /dev/lp0
> crw------- 1 root root 6, 0 Aug 30 21:30 /dev/par0
>
> Are you sure you didn't also upgrade the kernel? ;-)
I must have been through approx. 20-30 Kernel Versions since that time
(including some -test, -pre and -ac versions), so I would not rule out that
possibility. Especially since I have not been able to reproduce this in the
last few hours, and I must say, that I have really tried to ;-)

--
Patrick Dreker