Weird Probs with DFI AK 75 EC MB (Help needed)

From: Kai Trukenmueller (trukenm@ag2.mechanik.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 17:03:26 EST

Hi Everybody

I am having strange Problems whith the DFI AK75 EC Mainboard.
Every effort to compile a new kernel fails, with an oops.
After a bit of searching it seems to me that the kernel fails in
the __find_get_page routine at startup. I had an old Kernel which
was compiled for my previous prozessor an AMD K6-2 wich is still
running. Now the weird thing: It is possible to compile a new
kernel when setting the cpu setting to k62 instead of k7.

When running this kernel everything *seems* to be fine.
Does anyone know what the cpu setting changes?
A Friend of mine has the same MB and has the same problems :(
I don't have DOS or anything like that installed to run some
memory tests which is the next thing to test.
But probably there are some suggestions. The Kernels i tried
to compile are all in the 2.4.x range.

Thanks for your help!
Kai

--