Re: Multiple monitors

From: Simon Hay (simon@haywired.org)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 15:42:41 EST

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Wakko Warner wrote:

> I thought of doing something like this but using a matrox g400 or g450 dual
> head card. primary would be for X, secondary would be a console. Not sure
> if that's more difficult or not. Something I'd like to have, however.

I don't know how the Matrox cards work so I couldn't comment, although
presumably having code to support multiple monitors on multiple cards
would at least make it _easier_ to support dual head video adaptors.
Also, presumably if you could assign virtual consoles to either monitor
and they both behaved like the standard primary console there'd be no
particular reason why X shouldn't run on one or both as normal...

Simon