Re: Athlon doesn't like Athlon optimisation?

From: Eric Olson (ejolson%pranika@fractal.math.unr.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 03:13:51 EST

I have found these Athlon problems are very interesting.

Is there a usermode memory testing program which uses the K7 MMX 3DNow
streaming cache bypass load/store instruction sequences that appear in
linux/arch/i386/lib/mmx.c ?

Could Robert Redelmeier's burnMMX at
        http://users.ev1.net/~redelm/
be modified for the Athlon to detect these problems?

It would be usefull to have a Microsoft Windows program that could
detect a faulty system without having to load Linux. This would allow
testing a system in a store before purchase, and quick testing of a
new system shipped with Windows to determine whether it needs to be
returned before reformatting the harddisk and installing Linux.

The reports I've know are for KT133 motherboards. Have problems been
reported with the KT266 DDR-SDRAM chipsets as well?

All the best, Eric Olson