ide_delay_50ms question

From: Jani Monoses (jani@astechnix.ro)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 02:52:44 EST

Hi
could anybody tell me why is the mdelay(50) solution better than the
schedule_timeout(HZ/20) in ide_delay_50ms.I suppose because it is bootime
and there is nothing to schedule.
But then the condition should also extend to CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECS_MODULE
as well, because when I insert an IDE compactflash card things stop for a
second or so nad I use a modular driver.
And I don't know about removable harddrives but isn't the schedule_timeout
solution better for them as well?

void ide_delay_50ms (void)
{
#ifndef CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECS
        mdelay(50);
#else
        __set_current_state(TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE);
        schedule_timeout(HZ/20);
#endif /* CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECS */
}